- Graduate Education
- Ph.D., Texas Tech University, 1978
Effective September 1, 2017 – Retired
At the time of retirement I was the Interim Associate Director for State Operations – AgriLife Extension.
In my previous positions within this unit, I have had success in the development of productive wheat management systems, with emphasis on:
- Proper placement of P fertilizer and the importance of P in wheat forage production
- The use of chloride bearing fertilizers and their role in disease management in wheat
- Management of wheat by physiological growth stage
- Importance of genetic diversity in managing disease and insect pests of wheat
- Identification and management strategies for managing herbicide resistance in Italian ryegrass
I was also actively involved in the development of the Early Soybean Production System for Texas and the southern U.S.