The Department of Soil and Crop Sciences celebrated the graduation of 13 students who received their diplomas on Saturday, August 12 at Reed Arena.
One undergraduate student and 12 graduate students were among thousands who graduated during the morning ceremony and at the doctoral hooding ceremony Saturday afternoon. The graduate students consisted of seven master’s students and five doctoral students.
We are very proud of all for your efforts you have made throughout your time with the department and wish each of you the very best in the next phase of your life!
- James Leslie Luther, Bachelor of Science, Turfgrass Science
Graduate Students – Master of Science
- Opeyemi Alabi, Master of Science, Agronomy. Alami was supervised by Chase Straw, Ph.D.
- Nicholas Boogades, Master of Science, Soil Science. Boogades was supervised by Terry Gentry, Ph.D. and Katie Lewis, Ph.D.
- Graeme Cherry, Master of Science, Agronomy. Cherry was supervised by Ben Wherley, Ph.D.
- Karalee Corbiel, Master of Science, Water Management and Hydrological Science. Corbiel was supervised by Terry Gentry, Ph.D.
- Oriana Garcia Ramos, Master of Science, Plant Breeding. Ramos was supervised by David Stelly, Ph.D.
- Leonard Herndon, Master of Science, Plant Breeding. Herndon was supervised by Michael Thomson, Ph.D.
- Hayden Taylor, Master of Science, Agronomy. Taylor was supervised by Scott Nolte, Ph.D.
Graduate Students – Doctoral Students
- Ashli Brown, Ph.D., Toxicology. Brown was supervised by Tim Herrman, Ph.D.
- Daniel Crozier, Ph.D., Plant Breeding. Crozier was supervised by Bill Rooney, Ph.D.
- Qing Li, Ph.D., Molecular and Environmental Plant Sciences. Li was supervised by Scott Finlayson, Ph.D.
- Ellen Melson, Ph.D., Plant Breeding. Melson was supervised by Amir Ibrahim, Ph.D. and David Drake, Ph.D.
- Zhen Wang, Ph.D., Plant Breeding. Wang wassupervised by Shuyu Liu, Ph.D. and Dirk Hays, Ph.D.