- Texas A&M AgriLife Research
- Dallas, TX
- Job Category
- Last Date to Apply
- when filled
Full-time position with the turfgrass breeding program.
The successful candidate will be a key member of a highly interactive, multidisciplinary team of turfgrass breeders and scientists developing new, resource efficient turfgrass varieties using both conventional as well as new and innovative methods of plant breeding.
Responsibilities will include (but not limited to):
- Development and integration of high-throughput phenotyping using ground based and unmanned aerial vehicles equipped with multispectral and thermal sensors for accurate detection of abiotic and biotic stresses in turfgrass breeding populations.
- Wide hybridization of turfgrasses for population improvement and evaluation for biotic an dabiotic traits in field conditions and controlled environments.
- This breeding project is expected to have a strong interface with computer science, therefore, interest/knowledge i statistical analysis, data processing and analytics is important
- Preparation of draft manuscrips resulting from your research project for submission to peer-reviewed journals
- other duties
- Required qualifications
- Ph.D. in Plant Breeding, Genetics, Agronomy or related field
- Demonstrated analytical skills sufficient to troubleshoot data analysis problems and make recommendations
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong time-management skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in parallel while working on multiple projects
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
1. Your current CV
2. A cover letter stating how your past education and experiences have prepared you for this position
3. Names and contact information for at least three references
- Contact Person
- Dr. Ambika Chandra
- Contact eMail