Admission to our graduate program and funding are faculty driven. Prospective students are responsible for finding a faculty member who will accept the them into a research program. Many faculty members have research assistantships available to students, which pay an annual salary plus tuition. Faculty members consider applicants on a holistic basis, so all application components are considered in the application process.
Full instructions for applying to graduate school at Texas A&M University can be found at admissions.tamu.edu
The following items are required for an application to be considered complete:
- Apply Texas application
- Statement of Purpose essay
- Three (3) letters of recommendation
- Resume or CV
- Official transcript from each institution of higher education attended
- As of spring 2021 – the Graduate Records Examination (GRE) is no longer required.
- International students must show verification of English proficiency. Acceptable forms of verification can be found at admissions.tamu.edu/international/graduate.
Immigration informationm for international graduate students is available from the International Student Services Office.
We accept students during the spring, summer and fall semesters.
Domestic Student Deadlines are two weeks prior to the first day of class for each semester – spring, summer or fall.
International Student Deadlines
- January 1 for summer entry
- March 1 for fall entry
- August 1 for spring entry