- Travis Miller
- Interim Associate Director for State Operations for the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service
Former Associate Department Head & Extension Program Leader
- 600 John Kimbrough Blvd., Suite 509I
- Ph.D., Texas Tech University, 1978
Effective February 1, 2001, I assumed an administrative position, with responsibility for the Extension faculty and staff of the Soil and Crop Sciences Department at Texas A&M. This position leaves only a small amount of time for traditional Extension and research activities, but allows me to focus my attention on leadership of a group of highly motivated and effective specialists that serve as the interface between the university and the public in crops, forages, turfgrass, soils, water and the environment.
In my previous positions within this unit, I have had success in the development of productive wheat management systems, with emphasis on:
- Proper placement of P fertilizer and the importance of P in wheat forage production
- The use of chloride bearing fertilizers and their role in disease management in wheat
- Management of wheat by physiological growth stage
- Importance of genetic diversity in managing disease and insect pests of wheat
- Identification and management strategies for managing herbicide resistance in Italian ryegrass
I was also actively involved in the development of the Early Soybean Production System for Texas and the southern U.S.