- Excellence in Breeding Team
- One of the CGIAR centers in Asia, Africa or Latin America
- Job Category
- Jobs Available for All Current Students, Jobs Available for Bachelor Students, Jobs Available for Master Students, Jobs Available for PhD Students
- Last Date to Apply
- when filled
Looking for an Engineering, Automation and Mechanization Lead for the Excellence in Breeding (EiB) team, a newly created platform being built from the ground up by major grants from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and the CGIAR and managed by the International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center (CIMMYT).
The EiB has a focus on modern methodology and processes that will produce higher genetic gains in crops for the developing world; see www.excellenceinbreeding.org.
This candidate will bring his or her experience in using technologies, mechanization and engineering to improve the quality of phenotypic data while driving down costs and increasing throughput.
Required academic qualifications:
- Degree in engineering, agricultural science or related degree with a minimum of 5 years of experience in automation and mechanization of breeding operations
- In-depth understanding of practical breeding applications and logistical constraints relevant to breeding programs, especially in systems that could be desirable in low- or lower middle-income countries
Qualifications and Complete Job Description
Interested candidates should contact:
Dave Jensen, Managing Director - CareerTrax: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Linda Todten, Research Associate - CareerTrax: email@example.com or (928) 282-5366
- Contact Person
- Dave Jensen
- Contact Phone
- (928) 274-2266
- Contact eMail