- CSIRO Agriculture
- Narrabi, Australia
- Job Category
- Jobs Available for PhD Students
- AU $85,000 to AU $93,000/year
Based at the Australian Cotton Research Institute in Narrabi, New South Wales, this is a three-year position located within the crop breeding program. There is potential opportunity beyond the three-year term.
The project will work on understanding some physiological responses to abiotic stress (heat and water), specifically pollen viability and the limiting maximum transpiration trait.
- Ph.D. in field-based plant breeding, stress physiology or related discipline
- Record of publications in quality, peer reviewed journals
- Excellent communication and team skills, adn a history of professional behaviours
- Knowledge and experience in modern Australian crop production techniques, abiotic stress physiology and its application in a plant breeding context
- Experience in the execution and management of field-based, glasshouse and laboratory research
Complete job description, qualifications and online application