- Washington State University
- Pullman, WA
- Job Category
- Jobs Available for PhD Students
- Start Date
- July 1, 2019 (negotiable)
- Last Date to Apply
- Screening of applicants begins Feb. 1, 2019
Looking for Associate or full Professor to fill a 12-month tenured/tenure-track position - Robert A. Nilan Endowed Chair in Barley Research and Education - in dryland cropping systems improvement for eastern Washington state.
Supported by an endowment created by the Washington barley industry and the family of Dr. R.A. Nilan, the faculty member is expected to provide excellence in barley research, education, product development, marketing.
This individual will lead the WSU barley breeding program to release varieties for food and malt markets in the Pacific Northwest; develop an extramurally-funded research program focused on understanding the genetics of important traits in barley and other food crops; will collaborate with current team of breeders to improve nutritional components of food crops; deliver high quality graduate instruction and more.More information
- Earned Ph.D. in plant breeding, quantitative genetics, genetics, or a closely-related field.
- Record of accomplishments and qualifications commensurate with rank for appointment as associate professor or professor
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with technical and nontechnical audiences
Demonstrated knowledge of plant breeding
- Record of scholarly accomplishments that demonstrates potential to become an outstanding scholar and educator
- Demonstrated ability to organize and lead interdisciplinary research programs
- Demonstrated record of acquiring extramural competitive grant support
- Experience in experimental design, quantitative genetics and field-based crop research
To Apply: go to http://wsujobs.com
Be prepared to submit a detailed letter of application addressing required and preferred qualification; a current CV, list of four references (including name, address, email and phone); and a scanned copy of official transcript.
- Job Number
- Contact Person
- Dr. Aaron Carter
- Contact Phone
- (509) 335-6198
- Contact eMail