- Auburn University / HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotehology
- Huntsville, AL
- Job Category
- Jobs Available for PhD Students
- Start Date
- June 1, 2019
The Department of Crop, Soil, and Environmental Sciences in the College of Agriculture at Auburn University, in cooperation with the HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology in Huntsville, AL is seeking applications for the position of Assistant or Associate Professor – Plant Genomics.
This faculty position will be a nine-month, tenure-track position with a 20% teaching and 80% research appointment at Auburn University and a faculty investigator with HudsonAlpha.
The individual in this position will be a member of the faculty in the Department of Crop, Soil and Environmental Sciences in the College of Agriculture at Auburn University however the position location will be in Huntsville, Alabama at the HudsonAlpha Institute for Biotechnology.
Full job description, qualifications and Online%nbsp;Application Link
- Minimum qualifications include:
- An earned Ph.D. from an accredited institution in plant/crop genomics plus a minimum of two (2) years in a post-doctoral position(s) or equivalent experience, at the time employment begins
- Experience, training and knowledge of traditional and advanced methodologies in genomics
- Documented evidence of individual and/or collaborative research in plant/crop genomics.
The successful candidate must possess excellent written and interpersonal skills to effectively interact with diverse audiences. The successful candidate must meet eligibility requirements to work in the United States at the time of appointment and to continue working legally for the employment term.
Applicants with previous or current experience at the rank of assistant or associate professor in a tenure-track system, or equivalent experience in private sector plant genomics are expected to demonstrate evidence of prior extramural funding success.
- Job Number